Quality Control Inspector
Posted Date: 18 August 2020
Advert Ref: ASM1012
Advert Title: Quality Control Inspector
Position Type: Full-Time
Weekly Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Day Shift
Salary: R25,000 - R37,000
Closing Date: 18 September 2020
The Quality Control Inspector (QCI) conducts quality testing for the Refinery’s products, maintains calibrated instrumentation, enters data into SAP for generation of Certificates of Analysis (COAs), conducts environmental sampling and analysis, and participates in other projects as assigned by supervisor. The position is typically weekly rotating 8 or 12-hour shifts for 24 hour coverage, including variable weekend shifts.
• Performs routine quality analyses such as sediment, grain size distribution, color, brix, polarity, pH, and environmental analyses
• Monitors and maintains calibrations for lab equipment
• Monitors lab instrument performance makes adjustments and/or alerts supervision to instrument problems
• Reports to Supervisor the general condition of equipment and recommends replacement when necessary
• Entering raw data into multiple databases and maintain chronology of entries
• Collects environmental samples at multiple sites throughout the refinery during sugar detector TOC alarm conditions and weekly sampling protocol
• Analyzes environmental samples to determine sucrose levels
• Upholds standards for work area cleanliness
• Maintains required records and documentation
• Enters data into SAP for the generation of COAs
• Communicates results to interested stakeholders and abides by the Lab’s high customer service standards
• Performs other duties as may be assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to maintain varied hours
• Must be able to communicate both in written and verbal formats to various skill levels of employees
• Must support food safety and food quality systems by auditing refinery areas and systems as well as by data collection and analysis
• Must be familiar with effective inventory management practices
• Must be able to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload
• Must be able to analyze data for trends and to interpret and apply company and customer specifications
• Must have abilities to operate and troubleshoot laboratory equipment in a safe and proficient manner
• Performs testing used to make significant financial decisions
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment
• High regard safety as a core value
• Must have technical writing skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Office applications
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to walk, stand, and lift up to 20kg. on a regular basis
• Minimum of two years of college in science or business field or equivalent work experience
• One (1)+ years experience in an analytical or laboratory environment
• Previous Quality inspection experience preferred
• Previous experience requiring mathematical and scientific skill sets preferred
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Analytical Thinking & Decision Making – Identifies and understands trends and/or issues; connects data points through analysis to arrive at a logical conclusion.
• Business & Financial Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions of our organization; interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better corporate decisions.
• Effective Communication – Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner by tailoring one's message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
• Customer Orientation – Keeps internal and/or external customer(s) in mind at all times. Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs. Assists business partners and customers to achieve their work goals via application of their own skills and knowledge; strives to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
• Establishes Trust – Gaining the confidence and faith of others by actions and words that promote being honest, forthcoming, integrious and vulnerable.
• Problem-Solving – Anticipates, evaluates, diagnoses, and resolves problems in a systematic and fact-based manner.
• Results Orientation & Accountability – Takes accountability, identifies, executes and drives actions to consistently achieve desired results.
• Teamwork & Collaboration – Creates a climate that fosters commitment to a common vision and shared values that promote cooperation and working together through trust and support of others.
• Adaptability/Flexibility – Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
• Continuous Improvement – Establishes methods and utilizes specialized techniques to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes.
• Self-Development – Seeks feedback on one’s strengths and weaknesses and initiates activities to increase or enhance their knowledge, skills, and proficiency in order to perform more effectively or enhance their career.
Avoller SA Food Manufacturer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Johan Van Wyk
013 110 1757
Human Resources Manager
Avoller SA Manufacturer